Cookies & Privacy Notice
The Hand Made Arts (‘Hand Made Arts) is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that Hand Made Arts collects whenever you interact with us, including when you use our websites and when you correspond with us (such as by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
The sections below explain in more detail:
- the types of personal data we collect from you
- the types of personal data we receive from third parties
- why we process your personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- how long we retain your personal data
- your rights to withdraw your consent and to object (including to direct marketing)
- your other personal data rights
- how to contact us and exercise your rightsHand Made Arts collects a range of information about you.
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
Your rights to withdraw consent and to object (including to direct marketing)
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent.
You also have the right to object to any use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, as well as to processing that we undertake based on our legitimate interests (including profiling).
How to contact us and exercise your rights
The easiest way to stop receiving information from us is by opting out of communications through your online preference centre (this is linked to in our communications)
We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
Data Protection Officer
Hand Made Arts
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
What are cookies used for?
In order to help you, cookies may be used to:
– Limit the frequency with which you will see particular advertisements or announcement from Hand Made Arts on our website;
– Identify your defaults where you have customised your profile;
– Keep track of how many times you do specific things, such as posting on the forums;
– Track where you have come from if you were referred to our website;
– Provide you with self-help information;
– Make our offers more relevant to you by taking into account your response to previous, similar offers;
– help us understand how our advertising impressions correlate with visits to webpages on Hand Made Arts so we can improve our marketing strategies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
Double Click Cookie
– Used to support Google Analytics for Display Advertising functionality and specifically to implement the following features: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interesting reporting.
– If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising you can do so by changing your preferences here: www.google.com/settings/adsand using the Google Analytics opt-out tool here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
– The information gathered by this cookie will be used together with other cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) by us and third party vendors, including Google:
- in respect of Remarketing, to inform, optimise and serve ads online to you based on your previous visits to Hand Made Arts;
- in respect of Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, to report how our ad impressions, other use of ad services and interactions with these impressions and services are related to your visit to Passion4Jobs.com; and
- in respect of Google Analytics Demographics and Interesting Reporting, to use data from Google’s interest-based advertising, or third-party audience data to tailor the types of ad you are served.
We also use Flashplayer for our video content, Adobe uses Flash Cookies (Local shared objects) to improve the user experience.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings . Please bear in mind though, that if you disable Flash cookies for Hand Made Arts you’ll unable to access certain types of content on the site, such as videos.
We use Facebook Cookies for a number of reasons; they allow us to offer you a better user experience by personalising your journey on our website and across your devices.
Using the Facebook cookie lets us know who is interacting with our ads, website and apps of our advertisers, so we can be more thoughtful about where we show our adverts, and to whom.
The use of the Facebook cookie can also provide us with insights into people who are interested in Hand Made Arts services, and help us to improve our offering and marketing.
5. How do I manage cookies?
You can accept or decline cookies. Most PCs automatically accept them but you can modify your browser settings to decline them if you wish. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser (or your mobile phone’s manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You can also decline the use of certain third party advertising by visiting this site please note we’re not responsible for the content contained on this site.
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the Hand Made Arts site may not work on your PC/mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason, we recommend that you accept cookies.
Finally, please note that advertisers and other third parties (such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter) may use their own cookies when you click on their advertisement or link to their site, on or from our website. These third parties are responsible for setting their own cookie and privacy policies.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org.
AnalyticsWho we share your data with?
Your personal details – Name & Address, Contact Number, Email address are not shared with third party companies without your prior consent.
All forms and emails are sent are stored on our internal server and is only excusable by authorised personal.
How long we retain your data
We retain all Your personal data will be stored with us with your consent for 1 year after which it will be destroyed. If you no longer provide your consent.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, or you have shared your personal data with us. You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Your Information is sent to our administrative personnel and is never shared with any third party companies.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
This website uses SSL ( Secure Socket Layer ) to encrypt all data sent from or to this website.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We have a process to inform affected individuals about a breach when it is likely to result in a high risk to their rights and freedoms.